Enameling Open Studio
This afternoon non instructional open studio session gives you access to our studio, use our kilns and enameling tools for three hours. Don't miss this this rare opportunity for Saturday Open Studio access to use our enameling kiln with no extra charge. We are limiting attendance to only six participants. All studio tools and equipment are available for use. Basic enameling skills are required (ages 16 and up).
2:00 - 5:00 pm Saturday, February 20
Open studio: $45
- Project materials: Bring your favorite project supplies such as metal and enamel.
For your convenience, additional supplies may be purchased at the studio. OR add the extra option to use our classroom collection of enamels and raid our metal scrap bin for $30, payable upon entry at the studio.
Current Monthly Open Studio users may call the studio to RSVP at no additional cost.
Please know that your safety and health is our highest priority, we are implementing the following open studio policy during COVID-19 until further notice:
- To maintain social distancing in the studio, open studio must be reserved in advance by calling the studio.
- Because space is limited, users must pre-pay at reservation or be a current weekly/ monthly user.
- No refunds for "no shows", and cancellations within 24 hours.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required to be worn by all studio users.
- Wash your hands upon entering the studio. (Use of gloves when working with torches and equipment is a safety hazard.)
- Regular sanitizing of shared tools, equipment, and high touch areas.
- Coffee & tea service is temporarily discontinued.
- Please bring only necessary tools and project supplies with you.
If you are feeling ill for ANY reason, been exposed to someone with COVID-19, recently caring for someone in quarantine, or recently traveled... don't use the studio! If you have any questions or concerns, we invite you to call the studio. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Take care and stay healthy. We love all of our creative community, and look forward to seeing your smiling masked faces again.
Open Studio time
Studio time is curently available Tuesday - Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, and anytime a class is not scheduled on Saturday.
Our studio is your studio, it’s that simple… Open studio sessions will be supervised, but participants must be able to work independently and feel comfortable with the tools and equipment they are using.
Open Studio Options: Updated 5/12/2020
Pay as you go (hourly): $10 per hour, + $5 sanitation fee. not prorated
Pay as you go (daily): $35 per day
Pay as you go (weekly): $65 per week
One month unlimited Open Studio sessions (best value):
Rates are $130 per month, there will be no pro-rating for time not used.
Buy one month of Open Studio and receive 5% off all supply store purchases and class fees!
Are you looking for a studio space with a designated bench of your own? Become a resident artist! You will have access your semi-private bench space anytime during studio business hours, and full access to studio equipment when classes are not in session. Contact us at 440 205-1770 for details.
What do you get?
Foredom SR flex shafts & basic hand tools: saw frames, files, pliers, ring clamps etc. stocked at every bench
Smith Little Torch, acetylene/ air torches, flux & pickle
Metal clay and enameling kilns*
20 ton hydraulic press and accessories: includes numerous Potter USA pancake dies, non conforming dies,
bracelet formers and urethane pads
6 ft. Durston Draw Bench
Small drill press
24” metal shear
Belt sander & 6" bench grinder
6" Lap Grinder
Rotary tumbler with stainless steel shot & Magnetic tumbler
Pepe ring benders
Ring stretcher & Kagan Ring Roller
Steel and wood dapping punches and blocks
Round and oval Pepe disc cutters
Bracelet, hoop, ring and bezel mandrels
Wide variety of hammers and mallets
Steel raising stakes
Full range of Delrin anticlastic stakes & forming hammers for synclasing & anticlasting
Design, number and letter stamps
Orion 200i (3) Pulse Arc Welder**
Investment & lost wax casting available for an additional fee
- There are no assigned benches, space is available on a first come first served basis.
- Patricipants agree to follow all studio policies. Respect for safety, the facility and equipment are required at all times.
- If qualified, participants will have access to use major studio equipment such as buffing cabinets, Foredom's, bench shear, ring stretcher, rolling mills, drill press, kilns*, soldering equipment, hydraulic press etc.
- We have many hand tools available for you to use, but we ask experienced participants to bring their own small hand tools such as pliers, wire cutters, files, saw frames, etc. Project materials, supplies and safety gear must also be provided by the participant. For your convenience, basic supplies and tools are available for purchase through our supply store.
- Lockers are available to all renters on a space available basis to store projects, tools and supplies.
- Open Studio is monitored to assist with tools and equipment, but is not instructional. Classes or private lessons are available for those who need project assistance.
- We retain the right to revoke studio access for any reason and will pro-rate fees paid, less a $10 processing fee. Fees will not be pro-rated or refunded for any other reason.
Can’t make it to an open studio session? Please contact us to schedule your open studio session by appointment (440) 205-1770.
Studio Hours are subject to change. Due to demand, we reserve the right to expand or shorten hours and/or cancel open studio sessions at anytime. All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before participating in the open studio program.
* Please reserve kiln time in advance. There is an additional kiln usage fee of $10 per session. Kiln fee is waived for monthly participants.
** Users must be pre-qualified to rent time at a rate of $30 per hour, $25 per hour for monthly participants.
One week equals 7 consecutive calendar days.
For monthly open studio, if you start on the 12th, your time will run until the 11th of the next month.